Flying

Flying

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

10 feet off of Beale..

Last week I had the great pleasure of going on my second ever business trip. My first was when I worked as a Librarian for the City and I was able to drive up with another co-worker (I was 20 at the time) to Salt Lake City to learn about how to create and maintain a website. I didn't feel qualified (but thankfully my boss saw so much more then I did in my potential!). Fast forward Eight years and now I am with a different company and I got to fly to Memphis Tennessee, to help another Co-worker with a project for a week. I felt a lot more confident in myself this time around, (even though I still had the case of butterflies) and let me tell you, we Worked hard and played just as hard. But it made the time go that much quicker, I was really surprised at how fast that week went. I am not sure I am that into living out of a hotel though, but it was a great experience to add to my already amazing growing experiences I am having at work...So back to Memphis and playing in Memphis, what a fun City! Walking on Beale street, Seeing Sun studio where Elvis became an icon, going to the Theatre to watch Memphis the Broadway, the famous Peabody hotel with the marching ducks, going to many delicious southern cooking restaurants, taking the trolley downtown, seeing the mighty Mississippi for the first time (No wonder why they call it mighty!) And just enjoying good company.

No comments: