Flying

Flying

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Roman Holiday

There is nothing more important than Family; in may my Grandma started to decline in health which in turn postponed all plans. I had planned for Mother's day, fly my mum to Paris and take a road trip to Mont Saint-Michelle (if you have seen Scarlet Pimpernel with Jane Semore than you know what I am talking about), Normandy and other parts of the French coast. She and I had for mother's day before flew into Nice France and took a road trip through the French Rivera into Tuscany Italy. Just a few days before we had planned to go, my Grandma got very weak and needed full-time care. I am so grateful for the time from May to October. The opportunities I had to hear more about my family history and to learn more about my Grandma are moments I will treasure forever. After the funeral, my family started the daunting task of cleaning out all of my Grandma's belongings, it was a time of healing for my family a chance to say a final goodbye. There came a time where I realized I needed a break from everything...and so did my Mum. She had put her life on hold and for the past 10 plus years, since my Grandpa passed away, and had been the primary caretaker of my Grandma. Though we have traveled in the past, this trip was the first we didn't have my Grandma to come back to. This trip was a trip to heal and my Mum and I became even better friends than we were before. Not everything went as planned but it was so much fun and there are so many things in Rome that were historic and I was able to check off several items on my Bucket list. The one thing I am finding about Europe, that is so sad is all the Graffiti I keep seeing everywhere, all over the buildings, historic sites, in the transit along the walls of the riverwalks... in a way it helps keep me thankful for my home. Here are some pictures of our adventure, I love my adventures with my Mum. We flew to Lonon First class and then hopped onto British Airways over to Rome it was perfect!

No comments: